CBD and Mānuka honey are potent allies in the fight against bacterial infections, including antibiotic-resistant Staph (MRSA). This potent healing salve combines two superstar ingredients shown to help heal minor wounds and stave off infection.
- Kitchen scale
- Spice/coffee grinder
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Double boiler and/or crockpot
- Fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth
- Small glass jars for finished oil and topicals, preferably amber or other dark color
- 1/2 cup CBD topical base oil
- 1 tablespoon shea butter
- 1 tablespoon Mānuka honey
- 2-3 tablespoons beeswax pellets, or finely chopped beeswax
- 1 teaspoon witch hazel
- 6 drops tea tree oil
- 6 drops lavender oil
- 6 drops thyme oil
- 6 drops oregano oil
- Make CBD topical base oil
- Warm CBD topical base oil in a double boiler.
- Add shea butter and beeswax and stir until fully mixed.
- Remove from heat and let cool to lukewarm.
- Add Mānuka honey and essential oils and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into small glass jars, label, date and store in a cool, dark place.
Due to the honey, this salve is a bit sticky, but it works extremely well. Apply a thin layer of salve over a clean, superficial wound or other area where antimicrobial action is desired. Not intended for deep or puncture wounds.
Other Home Remedy Recipes
- CBD Topical Base Oil
- Anti-Itch Cream
- Inflammation & Pain Balm
- Inflammation & Pain Tincture
- Sleep Aid Tincture
- Stress Relief Tincture
Melinda Misuraca is a Project CBD contributing writer with a past life as an old-school cannabis farmer specializing in CBD-rich cultivars. Her articles have appeared in High Times, Alternet, and several other publications.
Copyright, Project CBD. May not be reprinted without permission.
Like a one-stop shop for your healthcare needs, cannabis’ diverse array of therapeutic actions can benefit almost every physiological process. Project CBD has pulled together detailed instructions for creating a do-it-yourself Cannabis Home Medicine Kit which includes recipes for several tinctures, salve, and a cream.
Interested in making your own CBD topicals? This CBD base oil recipe makes enough for all three topical preparations, with plenty left over.
As you gaze upon these words, dear reader, a horde of alien marauders are ransacking all corners of the globe, chewing through the latest pharmaceutical defenses and leaving behind a gruesome trail of dead and weakened victims. According to a recent report by the World Health Organization (WHO), ferocious tribes of bacteria, parasites, viruses and fungi are on the rampage, and some are proving virtually invincible to the so-called “last resort” antibiotics.
Why does eating a raw cannabis bud not get you high but eating a THC edible does? It has to do with a process called decarboxylation.