Stroke & Brain Injuries
Stroke & Brain Injuries
A stroke is a sudden interruption in the blood supply to the brain. Other brain injuries include ischemia, traumatic brain injuries, concussions, brain tumors.
Plant cannabinoids reduce tissue damage and trauma following a closed head injury.
Researchers looked into CBD's health effects in an animal model of diabetic brain damage.
Project CBD releases the results of one of the most extensive CBD user surveys to date.
In early 2019 Project CBD began collecting responses to a survey designed to figure out who is using CBD, how and why, what kinds of products they are consuming, and whether or not CBD is working for them.
How one elite athlete stays on top of her game with CBD and medical cannabis.
Could CBD save the lives of babies born with brain damage? A new clinical trial aims to find out.
CBD could protect against hypoxic ischemia, a complication that prevents a baby from getting enough oxygen during birth.
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) leads to numerous problems, including alcoholism and suicide.
New scientific findings highlight the 28th annual meeting of the International Cannabinoid Research Society.
Athletes are well-versed in the benefits of CBD-rich cannabis for brain injuries. Does the research support them?
Science abstracts on CBD and Stroke & Brain Injuries
- Cannabidiol: Pharmacology and potential therapeutic role in epilepsy and other neuropsychiatric disorders
- Cannabidiol Administration Prevents Hypoxia-Ischemia-Induced Hypomyelination in Newborn Rats.
- High-Dose Cannabidiol Induced Hypotension after Global Hypoxia-Ischemia in Piglets.
- Cannabidiol reduces lung injury induced by hypoxic-ischemic brain damage in newborn piglets.
- Short-term effects of cannabidiol after global hypoxia-ischemia in newborn piglets.
- Neuroprotective Effects of Cannabidiol in Hypoxic Ischemic Insult. The Therapeutic Window in Newborn Mice.
- Protective Effects of Cannabidiol Against Hippocampal Cell Death and Cognitive Impairment Induced by Bilateral Common Carotid Artery Occlusion in Mice
- Repeated treatment with cannabidiol but not Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol has a neuroprotective effect without the development of tolerance
- CBD reduces brain damage and improves functional recovery in a neonatal rat model of arterial ischemic stroke
- CBD reduces neuroinflammation and promotes neuroplasticity and functional recovery after brain ischemia
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.
THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CBD
By the Editors of Reader’s Digest & Project CBD: Everything You Need to Know About What It Helps, Where to Buy It, and How to Take It.