Stress is primarily a physical response to feeling attacked, resulting in the release of hormones and chemicals like adrenaline, cortisol and norepinephrine. Symptoms of stress include low energy, headaches, upset stomach, aches and pain, sleep problems, frequent illness, and loss of sexual desire. Chronic stress can be detrimental to your health, increasing blood sugar and blood pressure levels.
An excerpt from The Lotus and the Bud: Cannabis, Consciousness, and Yoga Practice.
Could cannabidiol help us cope during stressful times?
Project CBD talks with Dr. Bonni Goldstein about whole plant cannabis remedies, nonintoxicating cannabinoids, and cancer care for children.
Anecdotal data indicates that CBD may be an effective treatment for stress and anxiety.
How the plant's biphasic qualities allows users to equilibriate the nervous system
Professor Greg Gerdeman discusses brain science, the neurobiology of stress, and how endocannabinoid science has liberated cannabis from the drug abuse paradigm.
Science abstracts on CBD and Stress
- Endogenous cannabinoid signaling is essential for stress adaptation
- Regulation of endocannabinoid signaling by stress: Implications for stress-related affective disorders
- Functional interactions between stress and the endocannabinoid system: from synaptic signaling to behavioral output
- Neuromodulators, stress and plasticity: a role for endocannabinoid signaling
- Downregulation of endocannabinoid signaling in the hippocampus following chronic unpredictable stress
- Endocannabinoids and stress
- Stress regulates endocannabinoid-CB1 receptor signaling
- Chronic Stress Impairs α1-Adrenoceptor-Induced Endocannabinoid-Dependent Synaptic Plasticity in the Dorsal Raphe Nucleus
- Endocannabinoid-mediated modulation of stress responses: Physiological and pathophysiological significance
- Cannabinoid receptor activation prevents the effects of chronic mild stress on emotional learning and LTP in a rat model of depression
- Cannabinoids ameliorate impairments induced by chronic stress to synaptic plasticity and short-term memory
- The anxiolytic effect of CBD on chronically stressed mice depends on hippocampal neurogenesis: involvement of the endocannabinoid system
- Low-frequency stimulation evokes serotonin release in the nucleus accumbens and induces long-term depression via production of endocannabinoid
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.
THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CBD
By the Editors of Reader’s Digest & Project CBD: Everything You Need to Know About What It Helps, Where to Buy It, and How to Take It.