Schizophrenia & Psychosis
Jahan Marcu, PhD, exposes major flaws in a new book that revives reefer madness stereotypes about cannabis, psychosis and violence.
Researchers highlight how criminalizing the use of any drug worsens the lives of both casual users and addicts.
High dose? Low dose? CBD? THC? Optimizing your medical use of cannabis may entail some experimentation.
CBD reduces brain cancer and breast cancer cell proliferation and metastasis by inhibiting the expression of the ID-1 gene.
Science abstracts on CBD and Schizophrenia & Psychosis
- Cannabis Drug Shows Promise in Treating Schizophrenia
- CBD as an antipsychotic drug
- Cannabidiol as a potential treatment for psychosis
- CBD enhances anandamide signaling and alleviates psychotic symptoms of schizophrenia
- Medical use of cannabis. CBD: A new light for schizophrenia?
- A critical review of the antipsychotic effects of CBD: 30 years of a translational investigation
- Peripheral endocannabinoid system dysregulation in first-episode psychosis
- Cannabinoids and schizophrenia
- Antipsychotic-like effects of cannabidiol and rimonabant
- CBD monotherapy for treatment-resistant schizophrenia
- Cannabis with high CBD content is associated with fewer psychotic experiences
- Marijuana compound treats schizophrenia with few side effects: Clinical trial
- Clearing the smoke: what do we know about adolescent cannabis use and schizophrenia?
- Neuronal and molecular effects of cannabidiol on the mesolimbic dopamine system: Implications for novel schizophrenia treatments
- Improved Social Interaction, Recognition and Working Memory with CBD Treatment in a Prenatal Infection Rat Model.
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.
THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CBD
By the Editors of Reader’s Digest & Project CBD: Everything You Need to Know About What It Helps, Where to Buy It, and How to Take It.