Schizophrenia & Psychosis
After over a century of failing to find a causal link between cannabis use and schizophrenia, proponents of Reefer Madness have had to couch their warnings.
Cannabis use may protect against steatosis, the abnormal accumulation of lipids in the liver
The claim that cannabis causes or precipitates psychosis has long been a foundation for opposing cannabis.
High doses of THC are hallucinogenic, and microdosing LSD is a lot like CBD. These mighty molecules can relieve human suffering and they act through the endocannabinoid system.
A new study from researchers at Yale University suggests that an antipsychotic called haloperidol decreases the psychoactive effects of THC.
Danish researchers have found that cannabis users with schizophrenia experienced significantly fewer gut-related issues than non-cannabis users
Jahan Marcu, PhD, exposes major flaws in a new book that revives reefer madness stereotypes about cannabis, psychosis and violence.
Researchers highlight how criminalizing the use of any drug worsens the lives of both casual users and addicts.
High dose? Low dose? CBD? THC? Optimizing your medical use of cannabis may entail some experimentation.
CBD may reduces brain cancer and breast cancer cell proliferation and metastasis by inhibiting the expression of the ID-1 gene.
Science abstracts on CBD and Schizophrenia & Psychosis
- Cannabis Drug Shows Promise in Treating Schizophrenia
- CBD as an antipsychotic drug
- Cannabidiol as a potential treatment for psychosis
- CBD enhances anandamide signaling and alleviates psychotic symptoms of schizophrenia
- Medical use of cannabis. CBD: A new light for schizophrenia?
- A critical review of the antipsychotic effects of CBD: 30 years of a translational investigation
- Peripheral endocannabinoid system dysregulation in first-episode psychosis
- Cannabinoids and schizophrenia
- Antipsychotic-like effects of cannabidiol and rimonabant
- CBD monotherapy for treatment-resistant schizophrenia
- Cannabis with high CBD content is associated with fewer psychotic experiences
- Marijuana compound treats schizophrenia with few side effects: Clinical trial
- Clearing the smoke: what do we know about adolescent cannabis use and schizophrenia?
- Neuronal and molecular effects of cannabidiol on the mesolimbic dopamine system: Implications for novel schizophrenia treatments
- Improved Social Interaction, Recognition and Working Memory with CBD Treatment in a Prenatal Infection Rat Model.
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.
THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CBD
By the Editors of Reader’s Digest & Project CBD: Everything You Need to Know About What It Helps, Where to Buy It, and How to Take It.