Project CBD releases the results of one of the most extensive CBD user surveys to date.
If THC makes people forgetful while they're high, one might expect that blocking the CB1 receptor will promote focus and the ability to learn. It doesn't.
What role does the endocannabinoid system play in sleep? Can cannabis help you sleep better?
How the plant's biphasic qualities allows users to equilibriate the nervous system.
A Care by Design survey of 300 patients suggests that cannabis is better than Big Pharma meds for PTSD issues.
Dr. Sue Sisley discusses cannabis as an alternative to traditional therapies for PTSD.
Care By Design asked thousands of patients about their use of CBD-rich cannabis and its impact on pain, discomfort, energy, mood, and overall wellbeing. Here's what they learned...
Scientific research highlights the crucial role of the endocannabinoid system in protecting against post-traumatic stress disorder.
Science abstracts on CBD and PTSD
- Reductions in circulating endocannabinoid levels in individuals with post-traumatic stress disorder following exposure to the world trade center attacks
- Enhancing cannabinoid neurotransmission augments the extinction of conditioned fear
- Modulation of fear memory by dietary polyunsaturated fatty acids via cannabinoid receptors
- CBD blocks long-lasting behavioral consequences of predator threat stress: Possible involvement of 5HT1A receptors
- Stress switches cannabinoid type-1 (CB1) receptor-dependent plasticity from LTD to LTP in the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis
- Mitigation of post-traumatic stress symptoms by Cannabis resin: A review of the clinical and neurobiological evidence
- Cannabinoid modulation of fear extinction brain circuits: A novel target to advance anxiety treatment
- The endocannabinoid system and extinction learning
- A current overview of cannabinoids and glucocorticoids in facilitating extinction of aversive memories: potential extinction enhancers
- Cannabinoids and traumatic stress modulation of contextual fear extinction and GR expression in the amygdala-hippocampal-prefrontal circuit
- Non-antidepressant long-term treatment in post-traumatic stress disorder
- The anxiolytic effect of cannabidiol on chronically stressed mice depends on hippocampal neurogenesis: Involvement of the endocannabinoid system
- The Use of Medicinal Marijuana for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: A Review
- CBD Modulates Fear Memory Formation Through Interactions with Serotonergic Transmission in the Mesolimbic System
- Bidirectional Effects of CBD on Contextual Fear Memory Extinction
- CBD disrupts the consolidation of specific and generalized fear memories via dorsal hippocampus CB1 and CB2 receptors
- Effectiveness of Cannabidiol Oil for Pediatric Anxiety and Insomnia as Part of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: A Case Report
- The endocannabinoid system provides an avenue for evidence-based treatment development for PTSD
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.
THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CBD
By the Editors of Reader’s Digest & Project CBD: Everything You Need to Know About What It Helps, Where to Buy It, and How to Take It.