Articles in Parkinson’s Disease
Cannabis therapeutics for the elderly are featured at the IACM conference in Berlin, Germany.
Preventive medicine is a hot topic these days as everyone is looking for ways to stay healthy and avoid illness.
New scientific findings highlight the 28th annual meeting of the International Cannabinoid Research Society.
What role does the endocannabinoid system play in sleep? Can cannabis help you sleep better?
New findings highlight CBD’s therapeutic potential for cancer, epilepsy, Alzheimer’s, high blood pressure, and other disorders.
The endocannabinoid system and digestive imbalance play major roles in Parkinson's disease. Cannabis medicine may help.
In the same way that paint protects metal from rusting or lemon juice protects apples from turning brown, cannabinoids protect our cells from oxidation.
Dr. Ethan Russo discusses clinical endocannabinoid deficiency and ways to target the endocannabinoid system for therapeutic benefit.
Professor Greg Gerdeman discusses brain science, the neurobiology of stress, and how endocannabinoid science has liberated cannabis from the drug abuse paradigm.
The discovery of the endocannabinoid system has breathtaking implications for nearly every area of medicine.
Science abstracts on CBD and Parkinson’s Disease
- Effects of cannabidiol in the treatment of patients with Parkinson’s disease: An exploratory double-blind trial
- Prospects for cannabinoid therapies in basal ganglia disorders
- Evaluation of the neuroprotective effect of cannabinoids in a rat model of Parkinson’s disease: Importance of antioxidant and cannabinoid receptor-independent properties
- Cannabinoids provide neuroprotection against 6-hydroxydopamine toxicity in vivo and in vitro: relevance to Parkinson’s disease
- Cannabidiol can improve complex sleep-related behaviours associated with rapid eye movement sleep behaviour disorder in Parkinson’s disease patients
- Cannabidiol for the treatment of psychosis in Parkinson’s disease
- Symptom-relieving and neuroprotective effects of the phytocannabinoid Δ⁹-THCV in animal models of Parkinson’s disease
- Therapeutic potential of cannabinoids in CNS disease
- CB2 Receptors Activation Protects against Oxidative Stress and Neuroinflammation Associated Dopaminergic Neurodegeneration in Rotenone Model of Parkinson's Disease
- Neurological aspects of medical use of CBD
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.