Articles in Pain
Dr. Ethan Russo examines recent science on migraine, fibromyalgia, irritable bowel and other treatment-resistant syndromes that may respond to cannabinoid therapies.
Dr. Dustin Sulak on a neglected treatment option for opioid addiction: medical marijuana.
Neuroscientist Greg Gerdeman, PhD challenges health professionals and researchers to study cannabis science and therapeutics.
The 2016 meeting of the International Cannabinoid Research Society focused on the latest research in cannabinoid studies and the endocannabinoid system.
Dr. Ethan Russo discusses clinical endocannabinoid deficiency and ways to target the endocannabinoid system for therapeutic benefit.
Care By Design asked thousands of patients about their use of CBD-rich cannabis and its impact on pain, discomfort, energy, mood, and overall wellbeing. Here's what they learned...
THC has been the focus of cannabis research since 1964, when Raphael Mechoulam isolated and synthesized it. Today, the contributions of CBD and terpenes are being scientifically demonstrated.
This study examines the clinical effects of THC and CBD and presents a rationale for their combination in pharmaceutical preparations.
Science abstracts on CBD and Pain
- Meta-analysis of cannabis based treatments for neuropathic and multiple sclerosis-related pain
- Sativex: Clinical efficacy and tolerability in the treatment of symptoms of multiple sclerosis and neuropathic pain
- Cannabis, pain, and sleep: Sativex Clinical Trials
- Sativex successfully treats neuropathic pain characterised by allodynia: clinical trial
- Cannabinoids for neuropathic pain
- Neuropathic orofacial pain: Cannabinoids as a therapeutic avenue
- Oromucosal delta9-THC/CBD for neuropathic pain associated with multiple sclerosis
- The non-psychoactive cannabis constituent cannabidiol is an orally effective therapeutic agent in rat chronic inflammatory and neuropathic pain
- Vanilloid TRPV1 receptor mediates the antihyperalgesic effect of the nonpsychoactive cannabinoid, cannabidiol, in a rat model of acute inflammation
- Cannabidiol inhibits paclitaxel-induced neuropathic pain through 5-HT1A receptors without diminishing nervous system function or chemotherapy efficacy
- Antihyperalgesic effect of a Cannabis sativa extract in a rat model of neuropathic pain
- Non-psychoactive cannabinoids modulate the descending pathway of antinociception in anaesthetized rats through several mechanisms of action
- Cannabinoids suppress inflammatory and neuropathic pain by targeting α3 glycine receptors
- Role of the cannabinoid system in pain control and therapeutic implications for the management of acute and chronic pain episodes
- Cannabinoids in the management of difficult to treat pain
- Multicenter, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study of the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of THC:CBD extract and THC extract in patients with intractable cancer-related pain
- Marijuana extract helps prevent chemo pain
- Pot users less likely to take painkillers
- CBD & THC interactions on acute pain and locomotor activity
- CBD is a potential therapeutic for the affective-motivational dimension of incision pain in rats
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.