Articles in Pain
The story of one woman’s struggle against a rare, devastating illness made worse by cannabis prohibition.
The University of Michigan is enrolling patients in two studies on cannabis and chronic pain
The resinous flower tops aren't the only part of the cannabis plant imbued with therapeutic promise.
CBD and LSD bind to the same serotonin receptor, which mediates psychedelic altered states but CBD has anti-psychotic properties and doesn't cause hallucinations.
What role does the endocannabinoid system play in sleep? Can cannabis help you sleep better?
A patient testimonial from a 72-year-old Oregon resident who has been weaning herself off opioids with the help of CBD-rich cannabis.
New findings highlight CBD’s therapeutic potential for cancer, epilepsy, Alzheimer’s, high blood pressure, and other disorders.
What role do endocannabinoids play in the placebo effect?
Dr. Bonni Goldstein highlights current research about the applications for cannabinoid medicine for severe headaches.
A patient survey collaboration between Care by Design and Project CBD demonstrated that cannabis appears to be an effective pain management tool.
Science abstracts on CBD and Pain
- Meta-analysis of cannabis based treatments for neuropathic and multiple sclerosis-related pain
- Sativex: Clinical efficacy and tolerability in the treatment of symptoms of multiple sclerosis and neuropathic pain
- Cannabis, pain, and sleep: Sativex Clinical Trials
- Sativex successfully treats neuropathic pain characterised by allodynia: clinical trial
- Cannabinoids for neuropathic pain
- Neuropathic orofacial pain: Cannabinoids as a therapeutic avenue
- Oromucosal delta9-THC/CBD for neuropathic pain associated with multiple sclerosis
- The non-psychoactive cannabis constituent cannabidiol is an orally effective therapeutic agent in rat chronic inflammatory and neuropathic pain
- Vanilloid TRPV1 receptor mediates the antihyperalgesic effect of the nonpsychoactive cannabinoid, cannabidiol, in a rat model of acute inflammation
- Cannabidiol inhibits paclitaxel-induced neuropathic pain through 5-HT1A receptors without diminishing nervous system function or chemotherapy efficacy
- Antihyperalgesic effect of a Cannabis sativa extract in a rat model of neuropathic pain
- Non-psychoactive cannabinoids modulate the descending pathway of antinociception in anaesthetized rats through several mechanisms of action
- Cannabinoids suppress inflammatory and neuropathic pain by targeting α3 glycine receptors
- Role of the cannabinoid system in pain control and therapeutic implications for the management of acute and chronic pain episodes
- Cannabinoids in the management of difficult to treat pain
- Multicenter, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study of the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of THC:CBD extract and THC extract in patients with intractable cancer-related pain
- Marijuana extract helps prevent chemo pain
- Pot users less likely to take painkillers
- CBD & THC interactions on acute pain and locomotor activity
- CBD is a potential therapeutic for the affective-motivational dimension of incision pain in rats
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.