One man's story on how he used cannabis to overcome refractory lockjaw and life-threatening side effects from pharmaceuticals.
Could cannabis be the safer alternative prescribers and patients are looking for?
Cannabis therapeutics for the elderly are featured at the IACM conference in Berlin, Germany.
Evidence is accumulating that the endocannabinoid system contributes significantly to the so-called "runner's high."
Cannabinoids seem promising for treating the symptoms or progression of rheumatoid arthritis.
Project CBD releases the results of one of the most extensive CBD user surveys to date.
The vast majority of participants taking CBD for pain stated that they turned to CBD because they had pain most, if not all, the time (87%).
In early 2019 Project CBD began collecting responses to a survey designed to figure out who is using CBD, how and why, what kinds of products they are consuming, and whether or not CBD is working for them.
How one elite athlete stays on top of her game with CBD and medical cannabis.
People with pancreatitis who had cannabinoids in their bloodstream were 3-4x less likely to die in the hospital
Science abstracts on CBD and Pain
- Meta-analysis of cannabis based treatments for neuropathic and multiple sclerosis-related pain
- Sativex: Clinical efficacy and tolerability in the treatment of symptoms of multiple sclerosis and neuropathic pain
- Cannabis, pain, and sleep: Sativex Clinical Trials
- Sativex successfully treats neuropathic pain characterised by allodynia: clinical trial
- Cannabinoids for neuropathic pain
- Neuropathic orofacial pain: Cannabinoids as a therapeutic avenue
- Oromucosal delta9-THC/CBD for neuropathic pain associated with multiple sclerosis
- The non-psychoactive cannabis constituent cannabidiol is an orally effective therapeutic agent in rat chronic inflammatory and neuropathic pain
- Vanilloid TRPV1 receptor mediates the antihyperalgesic effect of the nonpsychoactive cannabinoid, cannabidiol, in a rat model of acute inflammation
- Cannabidiol inhibits paclitaxel-induced neuropathic pain through 5-HT1A receptors without diminishing nervous system function or chemotherapy efficacy
- Antihyperalgesic effect of a Cannabis sativa extract in a rat model of neuropathic pain
- Non-psychoactive cannabinoids modulate the descending pathway of antinociception in anaesthetized rats through several mechanisms of action
- Cannabinoids suppress inflammatory and neuropathic pain by targeting α3 glycine receptors
- Role of the cannabinoid system in pain control and therapeutic implications for the management of acute and chronic pain episodes
- Cannabinoids in the management of difficult to treat pain
- Multicenter, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study of the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of THC:CBD extract and THC extract in patients with intractable cancer-related pain
- Marijuana extract helps prevent chemo pain
- Pot users less likely to take painkillers
- CBD & THC interactions on acute pain and locomotor activity
- CBD is a potential therapeutic for the affective-motivational dimension of incision pain in rats
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.
THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CBD
By the Editors of Reader’s Digest & Project CBD: Everything You Need to Know About What It Helps, Where to Buy It, and How to Take It.