Articles in Pain
Is endometriosis caused by endocannabinoid deficiency and could cannabis be an answer?
Treating the root cause of refractory pain
A 2018 review found that those taking cannabis achieved 50% or greater pain relief compared with placebo.
Many plants can help soothe sore muscles and joints.
Dying with dignity is a human right, and cannabis may help.
A neurologist speaks with Project CBD about CBG, cannabinoid acids, and the global CBD phenomenon.
What would you do if you were faced with the intractable symptoms of CFS? One woman's life-changing experience with cannabis.
One man's story on how he used cannabis to overcome refractory lockjaw and life-threatening side effects from pharmaceuticals.
Could cannabis be the safer alternative prescribers and patients are looking for?
Cannabis therapeutics for the elderly are featured at the IACM conference in Berlin, Germany.
Science abstracts on CBD and Pain
- Meta-analysis of cannabis based treatments for neuropathic and multiple sclerosis-related pain
- Sativex: Clinical efficacy and tolerability in the treatment of symptoms of multiple sclerosis and neuropathic pain
- Cannabis, pain, and sleep: Sativex Clinical Trials
- Sativex successfully treats neuropathic pain characterised by allodynia: clinical trial
- Cannabinoids for neuropathic pain
- Neuropathic orofacial pain: Cannabinoids as a therapeutic avenue
- Oromucosal delta9-THC/CBD for neuropathic pain associated with multiple sclerosis
- The non-psychoactive cannabis constituent cannabidiol is an orally effective therapeutic agent in rat chronic inflammatory and neuropathic pain
- Vanilloid TRPV1 receptor mediates the antihyperalgesic effect of the nonpsychoactive cannabinoid, cannabidiol, in a rat model of acute inflammation
- Cannabidiol inhibits paclitaxel-induced neuropathic pain through 5-HT1A receptors without diminishing nervous system function or chemotherapy efficacy
- Antihyperalgesic effect of a Cannabis sativa extract in a rat model of neuropathic pain
- Non-psychoactive cannabinoids modulate the descending pathway of antinociception in anaesthetized rats through several mechanisms of action
- Cannabinoids suppress inflammatory and neuropathic pain by targeting α3 glycine receptors
- Role of the cannabinoid system in pain control and therapeutic implications for the management of acute and chronic pain episodes
- Cannabinoids in the management of difficult to treat pain
- Multicenter, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study of the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of THC:CBD extract and THC extract in patients with intractable cancer-related pain
- Marijuana extract helps prevent chemo pain
- Pot users less likely to take painkillers
- CBD & THC interactions on acute pain and locomotor activity
- CBD is a potential therapeutic for the affective-motivational dimension of incision pain in rats
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.