Kevin McKernan discusses sequencing the cannabis genome and its implications for the cannabis industry and “personalized medicine.”
CBD may reduces brain cancer and breast cancer cell proliferation and metastasis by inhibiting the expression of the ID-1 gene.
The discovery of the endocannabinoid system has breathtaking implications for nearly every area of medicine.
Learn more about the potential implications of cannabinoids for Alzheimer's disease, neurodegeneration, and more.
Cathy Jordan she was diagnosed with ALS in 1986. Nearly 20 years later she is still alive thanks to cannabis, her medicine of choice and necessity.
In a test of short-term memory skills, results varied by strain.
Science abstracts on CBD and Neurodegeneration
- Neuroprotective effects of phytocannabinoid-based medicines in experimental models of Huntington’s disease
- Cannabinoids: Novel medicines for the treatment of Huntington’s disease
- Sativex-like combination of phytocannabinoids is neuroprotective in malonate-lesioned rats, an inflammatory model of Huntington’s disease: role of CB(1) and CB(2) receptors
- Controlled clinical trial of cannabidiol in Huntington’s disease
- Prospects for cannabinoid therapies in basal ganglia disorders
- Neuroprotective properties of cannabigerol in Huntington’s Disease: Studies in R6/2 mice and 3-nitropropionate-lesioned mice
- Effects of a Sativex-like combination of phytocannabinoids on disease progression in R6/2 mice, an experimental model of Huntington's Disease
- Neurological aspects of medical use of CBD
- Cannabidiol, neuroprotection and neuropsychiatric disorders
- CBD activates neuronal precursor genes in human gingival mesenchymal stromal cells
- Modulation of astrocyte activity by cannabidiol, a nonpsychoactive cannabinoid
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.
THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CBD
By the Editors of Reader’s Digest & Project CBD: Everything You Need to Know About What It Helps, Where to Buy It, and How to Take It.