THC and other cannabinoids are known to induce neurogenesis — the creation of new neurons — in the brain.
New scientific findings highlight the 28th annual meeting of the International Cannabinoid Research Society.
The National Council for Aging Care gives cannabis a clean bill of health.
The story of one woman’s struggle against a rare, devastating illness made worse by cannabis prohibition.
CBD and THC may help ALS patients manage symptoms and increase life expectancy.
The endocannabinoid system and digestive imbalance play major roles in Parkinson's disease. Cannabis medicine may help.
Scientific data indicates that CBD and THC can affect mitochondria and influence cellular function.
In the same way that paint protects metal from rusting or lemon juice protects apples from turning brown, cannabinoids protect our cells from oxidation.
The 2016 meeting of the International Cannabinoid Research Society focused on the latest research in cannabinoid studies and the endocannabinoid system.
Dr. Ethan Russo discusses clinical endocannabinoid deficiency and ways to target the endocannabinoid system for therapeutic benefit.
Science abstracts on CBD and Neurodegeneration
- Neuroprotective effects of phytocannabinoid-based medicines in experimental models of Huntington’s disease
- Cannabinoids: Novel medicines for the treatment of Huntington’s disease
- Sativex-like combination of phytocannabinoids is neuroprotective in malonate-lesioned rats, an inflammatory model of Huntington’s disease: role of CB(1) and CB(2) receptors
- Controlled clinical trial of cannabidiol in Huntington’s disease
- Prospects for cannabinoid therapies in basal ganglia disorders
- Neuroprotective properties of cannabigerol in Huntington’s Disease: Studies in R6/2 mice and 3-nitropropionate-lesioned mice
- Effects of a Sativex-like combination of phytocannabinoids on disease progression in R6/2 mice, an experimental model of Huntington's Disease
- Neurological aspects of medical use of CBD
- Cannabidiol, neuroprotection and neuropsychiatric disorders
- CBD activates neuronal precursor genes in human gingival mesenchymal stromal cells
- Modulation of astrocyte activity by cannabidiol, a nonpsychoactive cannabinoid
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.
THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CBD
By the Editors of Reader’s Digest & Project CBD: Everything You Need to Know About What It Helps, Where to Buy It, and How to Take It.