Articles in Neurodegeneration
The story of one woman’s struggle against a rare, devastating illness made worse by cannabis prohibition.
CBD and THC may help ALS patients manage symptoms and increase life expectancy.
New findings highlight CBD’s therapeutic potential for cancer, epilepsy, Alzheimer’s, high blood pressure, and other disorders.
The endocannabinoid system and digestive imbalance play major roles in Parkinson's disease. Cannabis medicine may help.
Scientific data indicates that CBD and THC can affect mitochondria and influence cellular function.
In the same way that paint protects metal from rusting or lemon juice protects apples from turning brown, cannabinoids protect our cells from oxidation.
The 2016 meeting of the International Cannabinoid Research Society focused on the latest research in cannabinoid studies and the endocannabinoid system.
Dr. Ethan Russo discusses clinical endocannabinoid deficiency and ways to target the endocannabinoid system for therapeutic benefit.
Kevin McKernan discusses sequencing the cannabis genome and its implications for the cannabis industry and “personalized medicine.”
CBD may reduces brain cancer and breast cancer cell proliferation and metastasis by inhibiting the expression of the ID-1 gene.
Science abstracts on CBD and Neurodegeneration
- Neuroprotective effects of phytocannabinoid-based medicines in experimental models of Huntington’s disease
- Cannabinoids: Novel medicines for the treatment of Huntington’s disease
- Sativex-like combination of phytocannabinoids is neuroprotective in malonate-lesioned rats, an inflammatory model of Huntington’s disease: role of CB(1) and CB(2) receptors
- Controlled clinical trial of cannabidiol in Huntington’s disease
- Prospects for cannabinoid therapies in basal ganglia disorders
- Neuroprotective properties of cannabigerol in Huntington’s Disease: Studies in R6/2 mice and 3-nitropropionate-lesioned mice
- Effects of a Sativex-like combination of phytocannabinoids on disease progression in R6/2 mice, an experimental model of Huntington's Disease
- Neurological aspects of medical use of CBD
- Cannabidiol, neuroprotection and neuropsychiatric disorders
- CBD activates neuronal precursor genes in human gingival mesenchymal stromal cells
- Modulation of astrocyte activity by cannabidiol, a nonpsychoactive cannabinoid
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.