Articles in Neurodegeneration
An excerpt adapted from The Rebel's Apothecary: A Practical Guide to the Healing Magic of Cannabis, CBD, and Mushrooms.
Cannabis therapeutics for the elderly are featured at the IACM conference in Berlin, Germany.
Brazilian researchers looked into CBD's health effects in an animal model of diabetic brain damage due to oxygen deprivation and found promising results.
One broad effect of CBD and THC is the stimulation of neurogenesis — the production and integration of new neurons in the brain.
Scientists employed by the US government filed a patent in 2001 for cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants, citing their potential for treating Alzheimer’s disease among others.
A pilot study recently demonstrated that cannabis extracts can be safely used to ameliorate symptoms of severe dementia.
Most everyone has bit into a spicy pepper and felt heat permeate their mouth. This feeling comes from activation of TRPV1 receptors.
THC and other cannabinoids are known to induce neurogenesis — the creation of new neurons — in the brain.
New scientific findings highlight the 28th annual meeting of the International Cannabinoid Research Society.
The National Council for Aging Care gives cannabis a clean bill of health.
Science abstracts on CBD and Neurodegeneration
- Neuroprotective effects of phytocannabinoid-based medicines in experimental models of Huntington’s disease
- Cannabinoids: Novel medicines for the treatment of Huntington’s disease
- Sativex-like combination of phytocannabinoids is neuroprotective in malonate-lesioned rats, an inflammatory model of Huntington’s disease: role of CB(1) and CB(2) receptors
- Controlled clinical trial of cannabidiol in Huntington’s disease
- Prospects for cannabinoid therapies in basal ganglia disorders
- Neuroprotective properties of cannabigerol in Huntington’s Disease: Studies in R6/2 mice and 3-nitropropionate-lesioned mice
- Effects of a Sativex-like combination of phytocannabinoids on disease progression in R6/2 mice, an experimental model of Huntington's Disease
- Neurological aspects of medical use of CBD
- Cannabidiol, neuroprotection and neuropsychiatric disorders
- CBD activates neuronal precursor genes in human gingival mesenchymal stromal cells
- Modulation of astrocyte activity by cannabidiol, a nonpsychoactive cannabinoid
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.