A new book by three distinguished scientists reviews the current status of CBD as a treatment for acute and chronic illness.
Aromatic plant compounds reduce pain and stress, boost brain health, fight cancer and antibiotic-resistant bacteria, and more.
Mental health, cognition, emotion, and other processes seated in the brain are regulated by cannabis-sensitive receptors.
A neuroscientist challenges the central fallacy of Reefer Madness.
An excerpt adapted from The Rebel's Apothecary: A Practical Guide to the Healing Magic of Cannabis, CBD, and Mushrooms.
Cannabis therapeutics for the elderly are featured at the IACM conference in Berlin, Germany.
Researchers looked into CBD's health effects in an animal model of diabetic brain damage.
One broad effect of CBD and THC is the stimulation of neurogenesis — the production and integration of new neurons in the brain.
Scientists employed by the US government filed a patent in 2001 for cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants, citing their potential for treating Alzheimer’s disease among others.
A pilot study recently demonstrated that cannabis extracts can be safely used to ameliorate symptoms of severe dementia.
Science abstracts on CBD and Neurodegeneration
- Neuroprotective effects of phytocannabinoid-based medicines in experimental models of Huntington’s disease
- Cannabinoids: Novel medicines for the treatment of Huntington’s disease
- Sativex-like combination of phytocannabinoids is neuroprotective in malonate-lesioned rats, an inflammatory model of Huntington’s disease: role of CB(1) and CB(2) receptors
- Controlled clinical trial of cannabidiol in Huntington’s disease
- Prospects for cannabinoid therapies in basal ganglia disorders
- Neuroprotective properties of cannabigerol in Huntington’s Disease: Studies in R6/2 mice and 3-nitropropionate-lesioned mice
- Effects of a Sativex-like combination of phytocannabinoids on disease progression in R6/2 mice, an experimental model of Huntington's Disease
- Neurological aspects of medical use of CBD
- Cannabidiol, neuroprotection and neuropsychiatric disorders
- CBD activates neuronal precursor genes in human gingival mesenchymal stromal cells
- Modulation of astrocyte activity by cannabidiol, a nonpsychoactive cannabinoid
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.
THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CBD
By the Editors of Reader’s Digest & Project CBD: Everything You Need to Know About What It Helps, Where to Buy It, and How to Take It.