An Israel study challenges a stigma about pot and pregnancy.
Exploring the therapeutic potential of CBD's botanical precursor
The low-down on what’s up with rectal and vaginal delivery.
Dr. Donald Abrams laid out the potential of cannabis in cancer care in a recent piece titled "Should Oncologists recommend cannabis?"
Preventing nausea is a common medical use of cannabis. But nausea is a multi-faceted feeling.
The elderly are the fastest growing population of cannabis users. But how do hospice workers feel about their patients using cannabis?
What you need to know about the cyclic vomiting syndrome linked to cannabis use.
CBD and LSD bind to the same serotonin receptor, which mediates psychedelic altered states but CBD has anti-psychotic properties and doesn't cause hallucinations.
CBD and CBDA interact with serotonin receptors to ease nausea and vomiting.
Discover the clinical and laboratory research on THCA for epilepsy, chronic pain, digestive disorders, and more.
Science abstracts on CBD and Nausea
- Regulation of nausea and vomiting by cannabinoids and the endocannabinoid system
- CBD, a non-psychotropic component of cannabis, attenuates vomiting and nausea-like behaviour via indirect agonism of 5-HT(1A) somatodendritic autoreceptors in the dorsal raphe nucleus
- Cannabidiolic acid prevents vomiting in Suncus murinus and nausea-induced behaviour in rats by enhancing 5-HT1A receptor activation
- Interaction between non-psychotropic cannabinoids in marihuana: effect of cannabigerol (CBG) on the anti-nausea or anti-emetic effects of cannabidiol (CBD) in rats and shrews
- Regulation of nausea and vomiting by cannabinoids
- CBD: its synthetic dimethylheptyl homolog suppress nausea in an experimental model with rats
- Preliminary efficacy and safety of an oromucosal standardized cannabis extract in chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting
- Effect of combined oral doses of THC & CBDA on acute and anticipatory nausea in rat models
- Motion sickness, stress and the endocannabinoid system
- Dexamethasone alleviates motion sickness in rats in part by enhancing the endocannabinoid system
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.
THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CBD
By the Editors of Reader’s Digest & Project CBD: Everything You Need to Know About What It Helps, Where to Buy It, and How to Take It.