Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Multiple Sclerosis is a chronic, typically progressive disease involving damage to the myelin sheaths that protect nerve cells in your brain and spinal cord. Symptoms may include numbness, impairment of speech and of muscular coordination, blurred vision, and severe fatigue.
Highlights from the 2022 IACM Meeting in Basel, Switzerland.
A new book by three distinguished scientists reviews the current status of CBD as a treatment for acute and chronic illness.
Cannabis may present novel and effective treatment options research for overactive bladder syndrome.
Most everyone has bit into a spicy pepper and felt heat permeate their mouth. This feeling comes from activation of TRPV1 receptors.
Given the increasing prevalence of cannabis as a therapeutic, it’s important physicians and patients understand how cannabis interacts with commonly consumed pharmaceuticals.
Suffering from inflammation? Consider cannabis.
With CBD becoming widely available, scientists are taking a closer look at CBD-drug interactions.
Science abstracts on CBD and Multiple Sclerosis
- Sativex for the management of multiple sclerosis symptoms
- THC & CBD oromucosal spray (Sativex®) in the management of spasticity associated with multiple sclerosis
- Clinical efficacy and effectiveness of Sativex, a combined cannabinoid medicine, in multiple sclerosis-related spasticity
- CBD provides long-lasting protection against the deleterious effects of inflammation in a viral model of multiple sclerosis: A role for A2A receptors
- Oromucosal delta9-THC/CBD for neuropathic pain associated with multiple sclerosis
- Nabiximols in the treatment of spasticity, pain and urinary symptoms due to multiple sclerosis
- Sativex long-term use: An open-label trial in patients with spasticity due to multiple sclerosis
- A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study of Sativex, in subjects with symptoms of spasticity due to multiple sclerosis
- Meta-analysis of cannabis based treatments for neuropathic and multiple sclerosis-related pain
- Sativex: Clinical efficacy and tolerability in the treatment of symptoms of multiple sclerosis and neuropathic pain
- Evaluating Sativex in neuropathic pain management
- CBD counteracted the development of experimental MS
- CBD/THC oromucosal spray for multiple sclerosis-related resistant spasticity in daily practice
- Neurological aspects of medical use of CBD
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.
THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CBD
By the Editors of Reader’s Digest & Project CBD: Everything You Need to Know About What It Helps, Where to Buy It, and How to Take It.