Articles in Migraine
The non-intoxicating cannabinoid CBD interacts with serotonin releasing receptors, and when given in relatively small doses has been shown to help alleviate both nausea and vomiting.
How the plant's biphasic qualities allows users to equilibriate the nervous system.
Dr. Bonni Goldstein highlights current research about the applications for cannabinoid medicine for severe headaches.
Dr. Ethan Russo examines recent science on migraine, fibromyalgia, irritable bowel and other treatment-resistant syndromes that may respond to cannabinoid therapies.
Dr. Ethan Russo discusses clinical endocannabinoid deficiency and ways to target the endocannabinoid system for therapeutic benefit.
There are many ways to influence cannabinoid receptor signaling and enhance endocannabinoid tone—acupuncture, diet, osteopathic adjustments, etc.
Science abstracts on CBD and Migraine
- Clinical endocannabinoid deficiency (CECD): Can this concept explain therapeutic benefits of cannabis in migraine, fibromyalgia, irritable bowel syndrome and other treatment-resistant conditions?
- Effects of anandamide in migraine: data from an animal model
- Cannabinoids and hallucinogens for headache
- The endocannabinoid system and migraine
- Variations in the cannabinoid receptor 1 gene predispose to migraine
- Cannabinoids suitable for migraine prevention
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.