Liver disease can be caused by viruses like hepatitis, drugs, poisons, or too much alcohol. Symptoms include abdominal pain and swelling, fatigue, itchy skin, nausea, and/or vomiting.
Cannabinoid receptors regulate fibrosis.
The Food and Drug Administration bans CBD edibles while routinely promoting dietary poisons.
Cannabis use may protect against steatosis, the abnormal accumulation of lipids in the liver
And did cannabidiol really kill four-and-a-half mice?
Finding an optimal dose is even more difficult for people with liver or kidney diseases, as these are the major organs that clear chemicals from the blood.
Given the increasing prevalence of cannabis as a therapeutic, it’s important physicians and patients understand how cannabis interacts with commonly consumed pharmaceuticals.
Suffering from inflammation? Consider cannabis.
Both milk thistle and cannabis convey therapeutic benefits that are mediated by the endocannabinoid system.
With CBD becoming widely available, scientists are taking a closer look at CBD-drug interactions.
Science abstracts on CBD and Liver Disease
- Long-term THC use safe for liver
- The endocannabinoid system and liver diseases
- Cannabidiol protects against hepatic ischemia/reperfusion injury by attenuating inflammatory signaling and response, oxidative/nitrative stress, and cell death
- Cannabidiol causes activated hepatic stellate cell death through a mechanism of endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced apoptosis
- Therapeutic potential of cannabidiol against ischemia/reperfusion liver injury in rats
- Role of myeloid-derived suppressor cells in amelioration of experimental autoimmune hepatitis following activation of TRPV1 receptors by cannabidiol
- Cannabidiol improves brain and liver function in a fulminant hepatic failure-induced model of hepatic encephalopathy in mice
- Cannabidiol ameliorates cognitive and motor impairments in mice with bile duct ligation
- Potential of CBD for the treatment of viral hepatitis
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.
THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CBD
By the Editors of Reader’s Digest & Project CBD: Everything You Need to Know About What It Helps, Where to Buy It, and How to Take It.