The resinous flower tops aren't the only part of the cannabis plant imbued with therapeutic promise.
Athletes are well-versed in the benefits of CBD-rich cannabis for brain injuries. Does the research support them?
7 ways CBD-rich cannabis can be used to prevent disease.
New research on how the ECS impacts hunger, diet, digestion, and energy metabolism.
High Times cover story by Martin A Lee highlights the breakthrough research on CBD, and how it has revolutionized the story of cannabis medicine.
Dr. Bonni Goldstein highlights current research about the applications for cannabinoid medicine for severe headaches.
Both milk thistle and cannabis convey therapeutic benefits that are mediated by the endocannabinoid system.
Scientific data indicates that CBD and THC can affect mitochondria and influence cellular function.
In the same way that paint protects metal from rusting or lemon juice protects apples from turning brown, cannabinoids protect our cells from oxidation.
The health benefits of many common kitchen spices are mediated by the same cannabinoid receptors in the brain and body that cannabis activates.
Science abstracts on CBD and Inflammation
- Cannabidiol as an emergent therapeutic strategy for lessening the impact of inflammation on oxidative stress
- The endocannabinoid system: an emerging key player in inflammation
- Anti-inflammatory role of cannabidiol and O-1602 in cerulein-induced acute pancreatitis in mice
- Cannabinoids, endocannabinoids, and related analogs in inflammation
- Cannabidiol, a non-psychotropic plant-derived cannabinoid, decreases inflammation in a murine model of acute lung injury: role for the adenosine A(2A) receptor
- Cannabinoids suppress inflammatory and neuropathic pain by targeting α3 glycine receptors
- Cannabidiol reduces intestinal inflammation through the control of neuroimmune axis
- Diabetic retinopathy: Role of inflammation and potential therapies for anti-inflammation
- Cannabidiol reduces Aβ-induced neuroinflammation and promotes hippocampal neurogenesis through PPARγ involvement
- Cannabidiol attenuates high glucose-induced endothelial cell inflammatory response and barrier disruption
- Vanilloid TRPV1 receptor mediates the antihyperalgesic effect of the nonpsychoactive cannabinoid, cannabidiol, in a rat model of acute inflammation
- Cannabidiol attenuates cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity by decreasing oxidative/nitrosative stress, inflammation, and cell death
- Cannabinoids in clinical practice
- Pure THC-V inhibits nitrite production in murine peritoneal macrophages
- Cannabinoids, inflammation, and fibrosis
- Amyloid proteotoxicity initiates an inflammatory response blocked by cannabinoids
- Endocannabinoid 2-arachidonoylglycerol protects inflammatory insults from sulfur dioxide inhalation via cannabinoid receptors in the brain
- Protective effect of CBD on hydrogen peroxide‑induced apoptosis, inflammation and oxidative stress in nucleus pulposus cells
- Mechanisms of action of CBD in adoptively transferred experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.
THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CBD
By the Editors of Reader’s Digest & Project CBD: Everything You Need to Know About What It Helps, Where to Buy It, and How to Take It.