Research shows that CBD can help maintain healthy cardiovascular function and prevent heart disease.
New discoveries reported at ICRS symposium highlight CBD's potential for treating anxiety, cancer, heart disease, substance abuse, brain injuries, and more.
Given the increasing prevalence of cannabis as a therapeutic, it’s important physicians and patients understand how cannabis interacts with commonly consumed pharmaceuticals.
Preventive medicine is a hot topic these days as everyone is looking for ways to stay healthy and avoid illness.
Suffering from inflammation? Consider cannabis.
High dose? Low dose? CBD? THC? Optimizing your medical use of cannabis may entail some experimentation.
7 ways CBD-rich cannabis can be used to prevent disease.
New findings highlight CBD’s therapeutic potential for cancer, epilepsy, Alzheimer’s, high blood pressure, and other disorders.
New research on how the ECS impacts hunger, diet, digestion, and energy metabolism.
Evidence shows marijuana users are much less likely to develop metabolic syndrome, a significant risk factor for obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.
Science abstracts on CBD and Heart Disease
- Study: History of cannabis use associated with increased survival rates among heart attack patients
- CBD as an anti-arrhythmic, the role of the CB1 receptors
- Is the cardiovascular system a therapeutic target for CBD?
- Acute administration of CBD in vivo suppresses ischaemia-induced cardiac arrhythmias and reduces infarct size when given at reperfusion
- CBD attenuates cardiac dysfunction, oxidative stress, fibrosis, and inflammatory and cell death signaling pathways in diabetic cardiomyopathy
- The effect of CBD on ischemia/reperfusion-induced ventricular arrhythmias
- CBD protects against myocardial ischemic reperfusion injury
- Endocannabinoids acting at cannabinoid-1 receptors regulate cardiovascular function in hypertension
- Oleamide: A fatty acid amide signaling molecule in the cardiovascular system?
- Cannabidiol protects against doxorubicin-induced cardiomyopathy by modulating mitochondrial function and biogenesis
- The role of the endocannabinoid system in atherosclerosis
- Cannabinoid receptors in atherosclerosis
- The potential use of cannabidiol in the therapy of metabolic syndrome
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.
THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CBD
By the Editors of Reader’s Digest & Project CBD: Everything You Need to Know About What It Helps, Where to Buy It, and How to Take It.