Epilepsy & Seizures
Why did the “Right to Medical Marijuana Initiative” fail in November when almost 90 percent of prospective voters supported it in June?
In response to urgent need expressed by parents of children with intractable epilepsy, the FDA is allowing new studies of purified CBD.
Epidiolex has been granted “Orphan Drug” status by the Food and Drug Administration, setting the stage for Phase 2 clinical trials later this year.
Dr. Bonni Goldstein spoke to 120 serious, devoted, desperate, courageous parents in Milpitas, CA, on the subject of CBD and Pediatric Epilepsy.
Cannabis has been documented for anti-epileptic effects since 1881. Today, the promise of CBD as an anti-epileptic is prompting a move for safe access to medicinal products.
Science abstracts on CBD and Epilepsy & Seizures
- CBD for children with Dravet’s and intractable seizures [VIDEO]
- Report of a parent survey of CBD-enriched cannabis use in pediatric treatment-resistant epilepsy
- Medicinal marijuana stops seizures, brings hope to a little girl
- Cannabinoids for epilepsy
- Cannabis, CBD, and epilepsy – From receptors to clinical response
- The non-psychotropic plant cannabinoids, cannabidivarin (CBDV) and cannabidiol (CBD), activate and desensitize transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) channels in vitro: potential for the treatment of neuronal hyperexcitability
- Chronic administration of CBD to healthy volunteers and epileptic patients
- Endocannabinoid system protects against cryptogenic seizures
- Seizing an opportunity for the endocannabinoid system
- Cannabidiol: promise and pitfalls
- Cannabidiol: Pharmacology and potential therapeutic role in epilepsy and other neuropsychiatric disorders
- Report of a parent survey of cannabidiol-enriched cannabis use in pediatric treatment-resistant epilepsy
- Cannabidivarin (CBDV) suppresses pentylenetetrazole (PTZ)-induced increases in epilepsy-related gene expression
- CBD exerts anti-convulsant effects in animal models of temporal lobe and partial seizures
- Cannabidiol displays antiepileptiform and antiseizure properties in vitro and in vivo
- Hypnotic and antiepileptic effects of CBD
- The cannabinoids as potential antiepileptics
- Cannabidiol–antiepileptic drug comparisons and interactions in experimentally induced seizures in rats
- CBD post-treatment alleviates rat epileptic-related behaviors
- Pharmacology of cannabinoids in the treatment of epilepsy
- Therapeutic effects of cannabinoids in animal models of seizures, epilepsy, epileptogenesis, and epilepsy-related neuroprotection
- Report from a survey of parents regarding the use of cannabidiol in Mexican children with refractory epilepsy
- Protective effects of Cannabidiol against seizures and neuronal death in a rat model of mesial temporal lobe epilepsy
- CBD treatment for refractory seizures in Sturge-Weber Syndrome
- Could cannabidiol be a treatment option for intractable childhood and adolescent epilepsy?
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.
THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CBD
By the Editors of Reader’s Digest & Project CBD: Everything You Need to Know About What It Helps, Where to Buy It, and How to Take It.