Epilepsy & Seizures
High dose? Low dose? CBD? THC? Optimizing your medical use of cannabis may entail some experimentation.
Athletes are well-versed in the benefits of CBD-rich cannabis for brain injuries. Does the research support them?
10 ways that scientists are targeting the endocannabinoid system with synthetic drugs.
Several cannabis components can help patients with seizure disorders; sometimes it's best to combine CBD with conventional anti-epileptic meds.
The story of Aubrie Hill and her mom who moved to California to get reliable access to cannabis oil to treat her intractable epilepsy — with positive results.
New findings highlight CBD’s therapeutic potential for cancer, epilepsy, Alzheimer’s, high blood pressure, and other disorders.
Discover the clinical and laboratory research on THCA for epilepsy, chronic pain, digestive disorders, and more.
A cutting edge paper from three physicians outlines case reports and the applications of cannabis medicine for epilepsy and seizure disorders.
The 2016 meeting of the International Cannabinoid Research Society focused on the latest research in cannabinoid studies and the endocannabinoid system.
Dr. Bonni Goldstein discusses using cannabis medicine in her practice for patients with intractable epilepsy, cancer, autism, and mental health conditions.
Science abstracts on CBD and Epilepsy & Seizures
- CBD for children with Dravet’s and intractable seizures [VIDEO]
- Report of a parent survey of CBD-enriched cannabis use in pediatric treatment-resistant epilepsy
- Medicinal marijuana stops seizures, brings hope to a little girl
- Cannabinoids for epilepsy
- Cannabis, CBD, and epilepsy – From receptors to clinical response
- The non-psychotropic plant cannabinoids, cannabidivarin (CBDV) and cannabidiol (CBD), activate and desensitize transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) channels in vitro: potential for the treatment of neuronal hyperexcitability
- Chronic administration of CBD to healthy volunteers and epileptic patients
- Endocannabinoid system protects against cryptogenic seizures
- Seizing an opportunity for the endocannabinoid system
- Cannabidiol: promise and pitfalls
- Cannabidiol: Pharmacology and potential therapeutic role in epilepsy and other neuropsychiatric disorders
- Report of a parent survey of cannabidiol-enriched cannabis use in pediatric treatment-resistant epilepsy
- Cannabidivarin (CBDV) suppresses pentylenetetrazole (PTZ)-induced increases in epilepsy-related gene expression
- CBD exerts anti-convulsant effects in animal models of temporal lobe and partial seizures
- Cannabidiol displays antiepileptiform and antiseizure properties in vitro and in vivo
- Hypnotic and antiepileptic effects of CBD
- The cannabinoids as potential antiepileptics
- Cannabidiol–antiepileptic drug comparisons and interactions in experimentally induced seizures in rats
- CBD post-treatment alleviates rat epileptic-related behaviors
- Pharmacology of cannabinoids in the treatment of epilepsy
- Therapeutic effects of cannabinoids in animal models of seizures, epilepsy, epileptogenesis, and epilepsy-related neuroprotection
- Report from a survey of parents regarding the use of cannabidiol in Mexican children with refractory epilepsy
- Protective effects of Cannabidiol against seizures and neuronal death in a rat model of mesial temporal lobe epilepsy
- CBD treatment for refractory seizures in Sturge-Weber Syndrome
- Could cannabidiol be a treatment option for intractable childhood and adolescent epilepsy?
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.
THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CBD
By the Editors of Reader’s Digest & Project CBD: Everything You Need to Know About What It Helps, Where to Buy It, and How to Take It.