People with pancreatitis who had cannabinoids in their bloodstream were 3-4x less likely to die in the hospital
Researchers showed that the biochemical response to a high fat diet depends on whether the offspring was male or female.
Weight loss and the consequent savings on health care for obesity-related complications need to be considered in economic and political analyses of cannabis legalization.
Two contradictory studies underscores why preclinical research is only a first step in developing medicines
Unbalanced cannabinoid tone appears to play a role in chronic kidney disease, with CB1 receptors overactivated and CB2 receptors dificient.
Medical Cannabis may include weight loss and reduced risk of obesity-associated medical conditions
Targeting the endocannabinoid system for therapeutic relief.
7 ways CBD-rich cannabis can be used to prevent disease.
New research on how the ECS impacts hunger, diet, digestion, and energy metabolism.
Evidence shows marijuana users are much less likely to develop metabolic syndrome, a significant risk factor for obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.
Science abstracts on CBD and Diabetes
- The impact of marijuana use on glucose, insulin, and insulin resistance among US adults
- CBD attenuates cardiac dysfunction, oxidative stress, fibrosis, and inflammatory and cell death signaling pathways in diabetic cardiomyopathy
- CBD lowers incidence of diabetes in non-obese diabetic mice
- Neuroprotective and blood-retinal barrier-preserving effects of CBD in experimental diabetes
- Cannabidiol arrests onset of autoimmune diabetes in NOD mice
- Diabetic retinopathy: Role of inflammation and potential therapies for anti-inflammation
- Cannabinoids alter endothelial function in the Zucker rat model of type 2 diabetes
- The endocannabinoid system in obesity and type 2 diabetes
- Cannabinoids and endocannabinoids in metabolic disorders with focus on diabetes
- The endocannabinoid system and plant-derived cannabinoids in diabetes and diabetic complications
- Cannabinoid-mediated modulation of neuropathic pain and microglial accumulation in a model of murine type I diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain
- Biochemical and immunohistochemical changes in delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol-treated type 2 diabetic rats
- Efficacy and safety of CBD and THC-V on glycemic and lipid parameters in patients With Type 2 diabetes
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.
THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CBD
By the Editors of Reader’s Digest & Project CBD: Everything You Need to Know About What It Helps, Where to Buy It, and How to Take It.