Articles in Diabetes
An excerpt adapted from The Rebel's Apothecary: A Practical Guide to the Healing Magic of Cannabis, CBD, and Mushrooms.
While smoking cannabis appears to be helpful for diabetics managing weight and insulin levels, synthetic cannabinoids could be dangerous.
A neurologist speaks with Project CBD about CBG, cannabinoid acids, and the global CBD phenomenon.
The Food and Drug Administration bans CBD edibles while routinely promoting dietary poisons.
Coca-Cola is eyeing CBD as a functional food additive, while the beverage giant promotes sugary drinks for overweight children.
Brazilian researchers looked into CBD's health effects in an animal model of diabetic brain damage due to oxygen deprivation and found promising results.
β-caryophyllene is a terpene present in cannabis as well as many dark green, leafy vegetables.
Project CBD releases the results of one of the most extensive CBD user surveys to date.
Cannabis use may protect against steatosis, the abnormal accumulation of lipids in the liver
In early 2019 Project CBD began collecting responses to a survey designed to figure out who is using CBD, how and why, what kinds of products they are consuming, and whether or not CBD is working for them.
Science abstracts on CBD and Diabetes
- The impact of marijuana use on glucose, insulin, and insulin resistance among US adults
- CBD attenuates cardiac dysfunction, oxidative stress, fibrosis, and inflammatory and cell death signaling pathways in diabetic cardiomyopathy
- CBD lowers incidence of diabetes in non-obese diabetic mice
- Neuroprotective and blood-retinal barrier-preserving effects of CBD in experimental diabetes
- Cannabidiol arrests onset of autoimmune diabetes in NOD mice
- Diabetic retinopathy: Role of inflammation and potential therapies for anti-inflammation
- Cannabinoids alter endothelial function in the Zucker rat model of type 2 diabetes
- The endocannabinoid system in obesity and type 2 diabetes
- Cannabinoids and endocannabinoids in metabolic disorders with focus on diabetes
- The endocannabinoid system and plant-derived cannabinoids in diabetes and diabetic complications
- Cannabinoid-mediated modulation of neuropathic pain and microglial accumulation in a model of murine type I diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain
- Biochemical and immunohistochemical changes in delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol-treated type 2 diabetic rats
- Efficacy and safety of CBD and THC-V on glycemic and lipid parameters in patients With Type 2 diabetes
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.