Cancer is the name given to a collection of related diseases in which the body’s cells begin to divide without stopping and spread into surrounding tissues. Symptoms vary based on the type of cancer but frequently include pain, fatigue, nausea, and unexplained weight loss.
In early 2019 Project CBD began collecting responses to a survey designed to figure out who is using CBD, how and why, what kinds of products they are consuming, and whether or not CBD is working for them.
Recent research has indicated a role of endocannabinoids in endometriosis and related diseases
A study from the University of Alabama’s CBD program looked at the use of CBD for seizures in patients with brain tumors.
Dr. Donald Abrams laid out the potential of cannabis in cancer care in a recent piece titled "Should Oncologists recommend cannabis?"
A new wave of research points toward cannabinoids having an adaptive, immunomodulating effect.
Nephi Stella and other researchers at the University of Washington recently reviewed 2-AG's role in endocannabinoid signaling.
Two contradictory studies underscores why preclinical research is only a first step in developing medicines
A comparison of the antitumoral activity of single-molecule THC and whole plant cannabis oil.
A review of 10 studies that shed light on how CBD might interact with cancer treatments.
Statistical significance and double-blind trials are important, but so is human experience. Case studies are meaningful.
Science abstracts on CBD and Cancer
- CBD as potential anticancer drug
- CBD inhibits angiogenesis by multiple mechanisms
- The inhibitory effects of CBD on systemic malignant tumors
- CBD inhibits cancer cell invasion via upregulation of tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinases-1
- Marijuana fights cancer and helps manage side effects
- In vitro and in vivo efficacy of non-psychoactive cannabidiol in neuroblastoma
- The influence of biomechanical properties and cannabinoids on tumor invasion
- Antitumorigenic targets of cannabinoids - current status and implications
- Cannabinoids - a new weapon against cancer?
- CBD, a novel inverse agonist for GPR12
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.
THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CBD
By the Editors of Reader’s Digest & Project CBD: Everything You Need to Know About What It Helps, Where to Buy It, and How to Take It.