Dr. Donald Abrams laid out the potential of cannabis in cancer care in a recent piece titled "Should Oncologists recommend cannabis?"
A new wave of research points toward cannabinoids having an adaptive, immunomodulating effect.
Nephi Stella and other researchers at the University of Washington recently reviewed 2-AG's role in endocannabinoid signaling.
Two contradictory studies underscores why preclinical research is only a first step in developing medicines
A comparison of the antitumoral activity of single-molecule THC and whole plant cannabis oil.
A review of 10 studies that shed light on how CBD might interact with cancer treatments.
Statistical significance and double-blind trials are important, but so is human experience. Case studies are meaningful.
A study led by scientists in Spain indicates that the endocannabinoid system plays an important role in the treatment of HER2-positive cancer.
Doctors in the UK recently reported the case of an elderly man who’s lung cancer responded to CBD.
An “orphan receptor” is the term for a receptor in the body whose natural activator is not known.
Science abstracts on CBD and Cancer
- CBD as potential anticancer drug
- CBD inhibits angiogenesis by multiple mechanisms
- The inhibitory effects of CBD on systemic malignant tumors
- CBD inhibits cancer cell invasion via upregulation of tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinases-1
- Marijuana fights cancer and helps manage side effects
- In vitro and in vivo efficacy of non-psychoactive cannabidiol in neuroblastoma
- The influence of biomechanical properties and cannabinoids on tumor invasion
- Antitumorigenic targets of cannabinoids - current status and implications
- Cannabinoids - a new weapon against cancer?
- CBD, a novel inverse agonist for GPR12
- See more abstracts on specific types of cancer
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.
THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CBD
By the Editors of Reader’s Digest & Project CBD: Everything You Need to Know About What It Helps, Where to Buy It, and How to Take It.