How an imbalance of omega-3 and omega-6 undermines our health.
An excerpt adapted from The Rebel's Apothecary: A Practical Guide to the Healing Magic of Cannabis, CBD, and Mushrooms.
Fungi have astonishing therapeutic properties. Several species of medicinal mushrooms strengthen immunity and promote neurogenesis, the growth of new brain cells, through molecular pathways regulated by the ECS.
A molecular biologist deconstructs sensationalist claims that cannabis can prevent or treat the coronavirus.
A zany proposal from French scientists.
Could cannabidiol be a breakthrough therapy to replace or lessen the use of steroids?
What science says about CBD as an anti-viral agent. And, how prohibition is making a bad situation worse.
What would you do if you were faced with the intractable symptoms of CFS? One woman's life-changing experience with cannabis.
Clinical trials are underway to treat a rare autoimmune disease by targeting the endocannabinoid system.
Evidence is accumulating that the endocannabinoid system contributes significantly to the so-called "runner's high."
Science abstracts on CBD and Immune Function
- CBD inhibits growth and induces programmed cell death in kaposi sarcoma-associated herpes virus-infected endothelium
- Cannabidiol for the Prevention of Graft-versus-Host-Disease after Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation: Results of a Phase II Study.
- Cannabinoids Reduce Inflammation but Inhibit Lymphocyte Recovery in Murine Models of Bone Marrow Transplantation.
- High on Cannabis and Calcineurin Inhibitors: A Word of Warning in an Era of Legalized Marijuana.
- Targeting cannabinoid receptors as a novel approach in the treatment of graft-versus-host disease: evidence from an experimental murine model.
- Cannabidiol Limits T Cell-Mediated Chronic Autoimmune Myocarditis: Implications to Autoimmune Disorders and Organ Transplantation.
- A Case Report of the Benefit of Cannabidiol (Cannabidiol (CBD)-Predominant Medical Cannabis Preparation) in the Management of Refractory Skin Graft Vs Host Disease (GVHD)
- The cannabinoid quinol VCE-004.8 alleviates bleomycin-induced scleroderma and exerts potent antifibrotic effects through peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ and CB2 pathways.
- VCE-004.3, a cannabidiol aminoquinone derivative, prevents bleomycin-induced skin fibrosis and inflammation through PPARγ- and CB2 receptor-dependent pathways.
- Cannabinoid derivatives acting as dual PPARγ/CB2 agonists as therapeutic agents for systemic sclerosis.
- Cannabis sativa as a Potential Treatment for Systemic Sclerosis.
- Cannabinoid Signaling in the Skin: Therapeutic Potential of the "C(ut)annabinoid" System.
- Medical cannabis: Another piece in the mosaic of autoimmunity?
- The endocannabinoid system of the skin. A potential approach for the treatment of skin disorders.
- Targeting the Cannabinoid Pathway Limits the Development of Fibrosis and Autoimmunity in a Mouse Model of Systemic Sclerosis
- Inactivation of fatty acid amide hydrolase exacerbates experimental fibrosis by enhanced endocannabinoid-mediated activation of CB1.
- Cannabinoids inhibit fibrogenesis in diffuse systemic sclerosis fibroblasts.
- EHP-101, an oral formulation of the cannabidiol aminoquinone VCE-004.8, alleviates bleomycin-induced skin and lung fibrosis.
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.
THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CBD
By the Editors of Reader’s Digest & Project CBD: Everything You Need to Know About What It Helps, Where to Buy It, and How to Take It.