How an imbalance of omega-3 and omega-6 undermines our health.
An excerpt adapted from The Rebel's Apothecary: A Practical Guide to the Healing Magic of Cannabis, CBD, and Mushrooms.
Eight Remarkable Medicinal Mushrooms
A molecular biologist deconstructs sensationalist claims that cannabis can prevent or treat the coronavirus.
A zany proposal from French scientists.
Could cannabidiol be a breakthrough therapy to replace or lessen the use of steroids?
What science says about CBD as an anti-viral agent. And, how prohibition is making a bad situation worse.
What would you do if you were faced with the intractable symptoms of CFS? One woman's life-changing experience with cannabis.
Clinical trials are underway to treat a rare autoimmune disease by targeting the endocannabinoid system.
Evidence is accumulating that the endocannabinoid system contributes significantly to the so-called "runner's high."
Science abstracts on CBD and Immune Function
- CBD inhibits growth and induces programmed cell death in kaposi sarcoma-associated herpes virus-infected endothelium
- Cannabidiol for the Prevention of Graft-versus-Host-Disease after Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation: Results of a Phase II Study.
- Cannabinoids Reduce Inflammation but Inhibit Lymphocyte Recovery in Murine Models of Bone Marrow Transplantation.
- High on Cannabis and Calcineurin Inhibitors: A Word of Warning in an Era of Legalized Marijuana.
- Targeting cannabinoid receptors as a novel approach in the treatment of graft-versus-host disease: evidence from an experimental murine model.
- Cannabidiol Limits T Cell-Mediated Chronic Autoimmune Myocarditis: Implications to Autoimmune Disorders and Organ Transplantation.
- A Case Report of the Benefit of Cannabidiol (Cannabidiol (CBD)-Predominant Medical Cannabis Preparation) in the Management of Refractory Skin Graft Vs Host Disease (GVHD)
- The cannabinoid quinol VCE-004.8 alleviates bleomycin-induced scleroderma and exerts potent antifibrotic effects through peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ and CB2 pathways.
- VCE-004.3, a cannabidiol aminoquinone derivative, prevents bleomycin-induced skin fibrosis and inflammation through PPARγ- and CB2 receptor-dependent pathways.
- Cannabinoid derivatives acting as dual PPARγ/CB2 agonists as therapeutic agents for systemic sclerosis.
- Cannabis sativa as a Potential Treatment for Systemic Sclerosis.
- Cannabinoid Signaling in the Skin: Therapeutic Potential of the "C(ut)annabinoid" System.
- Medical cannabis: Another piece in the mosaic of autoimmunity?
- The endocannabinoid system of the skin. A potential approach for the treatment of skin disorders.
- Targeting the Cannabinoid Pathway Limits the Development of Fibrosis and Autoimmunity in a Mouse Model of Systemic Sclerosis
- Inactivation of fatty acid amide hydrolase exacerbates experimental fibrosis by enhanced endocannabinoid-mediated activation of CB1.
- Cannabinoids inhibit fibrogenesis in diffuse systemic sclerosis fibroblasts.
- EHP-101, an oral formulation of the cannabidiol aminoquinone VCE-004.8, alleviates bleomycin-induced skin and lung fibrosis.
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.
THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CBD
By the Editors of Reader’s Digest & Project CBD: Everything You Need to Know About What It Helps, Where to Buy It, and How to Take It.