Anxiety disorders are characterized by excessive nervousness, fear, apprehension, and worry that is out of proportion to the actual danger. OCD, PTSD, panic disorder and phobias are considered anxiety disorders.
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) leads to numerous problems, including alcoholism and suicide.
The National Council for Aging Care gives cannabis a clean bill of health.
CBD and LSD bind to the same serotonin receptor, which mediates psychedelic altered states but CBD has anti-psychotic properties and doesn't cause hallucinations.
What role does the endocannabinoid system play in sleep? Can cannabis help you sleep better?
How the plant's biphasic qualities allows users to equilibriate the nervous system
Linda A. Parker explains the mood enhancing and anti-depressant qualities of CBD and THC.
The 2016 meeting of the International Cannabinoid Research Society focused on the latest research in cannabinoid studies and the endocannabinoid system.
Data shows that CBD interacts directly with the CB1 cannabinoid receptor in therapeutically relevant ways while modulating THC's psychoactive effects.
Dr. Bonni Goldstein discusses using cannabis medicine in her practice for patients with intractable epilepsy, cancer, autism, and mental health conditions.
Professor Greg Gerdeman discusses brain science, the neurobiology of stress, and how endocannabinoid science has liberated cannabis from the drug abuse paradigm.
- « first
- ‹ previous
Science abstracts on CBD and Anxiety
- CBD as an anxiolytic drug
- Antidepressant-Like and Anxiolytic-Like Effects of Cannabidiol: A Chemical Compound of Cannabis Sativa
- CBD reduces the anxiety induced by simulated public speaking in treatment-naïve social phobia patients
- Neural basis of anxiolytic effects of CBD in generalized social anxiety disorder
- Central anandamide deficiency predicts stress-induced anxiety: behavioral reversal through endocannabinoid augmentation
- Effects of CBD on regional cerebral blood flow
- The anxiolytic-like effects of cannabidiol injected into the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis are mediated by 5-HT1A receptors
- The anxiolytic effect of CBD on chronically stressed mice depends on hippocampal neurogenesis: involvement of the endocannabinoid system
- Plant-based medicines for anxiety disorders, part 2
- A systematic review of plant-derived natural compounds for anxiety disorders
- The Endocannabinoid System and Anxiety
- CBD regulation of emotion and emotional memory processing: relevance for treating anxiety-related and substance abuse disorders
- Effect of prior foot shock stress and Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiolic acid, and cannabidiol on anxiety-like responding in the light-dark emergence test in rats
- Effectiveness of Cannabidiol Oil for Pediatric Anxiety and Insomnia as Part of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: A Case Report.
- CBD Does Not Dampen Responses to Emotional Stimuli in Healthy Adults
- Plasma and brain pharmacokinetic profile of CBD, CBDV, THCV and CBG in rats and mice following oral and intraperitoneal administration and CBD action on obsessive-compulsive behavior
- Cannabinoid-related agents in the treatment of anxiety disorders: current knowledge and future perspectives
- Current status and prospects for cannabidiol preparations as new therapeutic agents
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.
THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CBD
By the Editors of Reader’s Digest & Project CBD: Everything You Need to Know About What It Helps, Where to Buy It, and How to Take It.