CBD has shown some promise in anxiety and panic disorders, from public speaking to schizophrenia. A group of London researchers followed up on these results.
Thanks to myristicin and other mescaline-like molecules, nutmeg is hallucinogenic in large doses.
Project CBD releases the results of one of the most extensive CBD user surveys to date.
New discoveries reported at ICRS symposium highlight CBD's potential for treating anxiety, cancer, heart disease, substance abuse, brain injuries, and more.
In early 2019 Project CBD began collecting responses to a survey designed to figure out who is using CBD, how and why, what kinds of products they are consuming, and whether or not CBD is working for them.
The elderly are the fastest growing population of cannabis users. But how do hospice workers feel about their patients using cannabis?
High doses of THC are hallucinogenic, and microdosing LSD is a lot like CBD. These mighty molecules can relieve human suffering and they act through the endocannabinoid system.
New research from Brazil examines how endocannabinoids, specifically anandamide, plays a role in panic-like reactions in mice.
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) leads to numerous problems, including alcoholism and suicide.
The National Council for Aging Care gives cannabis a clean bill of health.
Science abstracts on CBD and Anxiety
- CBD as an anxiolytic drug
- Antidepressant-Like and Anxiolytic-Like Effects of Cannabidiol: A Chemical Compound of Cannabis Sativa
- CBD reduces the anxiety induced by simulated public speaking in treatment-naïve social phobia patients
- Neural basis of anxiolytic effects of CBD in generalized social anxiety disorder
- Central anandamide deficiency predicts stress-induced anxiety: behavioral reversal through endocannabinoid augmentation
- Effects of CBD on regional cerebral blood flow
- The anxiolytic-like effects of cannabidiol injected into the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis are mediated by 5-HT1A receptors
- The anxiolytic effect of CBD on chronically stressed mice depends on hippocampal neurogenesis: involvement of the endocannabinoid system
- Plant-based medicines for anxiety disorders, part 2
- A systematic review of plant-derived natural compounds for anxiety disorders
- The Endocannabinoid System and Anxiety
- CBD regulation of emotion and emotional memory processing: relevance for treating anxiety-related and substance abuse disorders
- Effect of prior foot shock stress and Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiolic acid, and cannabidiol on anxiety-like responding in the light-dark emergence test in rats
- Effectiveness of Cannabidiol Oil for Pediatric Anxiety and Insomnia as Part of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: A Case Report.
- CBD Does Not Dampen Responses to Emotional Stimuli in Healthy Adults
- Plasma and brain pharmacokinetic profile of CBD, CBDV, THCV and CBG in rats and mice following oral and intraperitoneal administration and CBD action on obsessive-compulsive behavior
- Cannabinoid-related agents in the treatment of anxiety disorders: current knowledge and future perspectives
- Current status and prospects for cannabidiol preparations as new therapeutic agents
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.
THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CBD
By the Editors of Reader’s Digest & Project CBD: Everything You Need to Know About What It Helps, Where to Buy It, and How to Take It.