Articles in Anxiety
High doses of THC are hallucinogenic, and microdosing LSD is a lot like CBD. These mighty molecules can relieve human suffering and act through the endocannabinoid system.
New research from Brazil examines how endocannabinoids, specifically anandamide, plays a role in panic-like reactions in mice.
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) leads to numerous problems, including alcoholism and suicide.
The National Council for Aging Care gives cannabis a clean bill of health.
CBD and LSD bind to the same serotonin receptor, which mediates psychedelic altered states but CBD has anti-psychotic properties and doesn't cause hallucinations.
What role does the endocannabinoid system play in sleep? Can cannabis help you sleep better?
How the plant's biphasic qualities allows users to equilibrate the nervous system.
Linda A. Parker explains the mood enhancing and anti-depressant qualities of CBD and THC.
The 2016 meeting of the International Cannabinoid Research Society focused on the latest research in cannabinoid studies and the endocannabinoid system.
Data shows that CBD interacts directly with the CB1 cannabinoid receptor in therapeutically relevant ways while modulating THC's psychoactive effects.
Science abstracts on CBD and Anxiety
- CBD as an anxiolytic drug
- Antidepressant-Like and Anxiolytic-Like Effects of Cannabidiol: A Chemical Compound of Cannabis Sativa
- CBD reduces the anxiety induced by simulated public speaking in treatment-naïve social phobia patients
- Neural basis of anxiolytic effects of CBD in generalized social anxiety disorder
- Central anandamide deficiency predicts stress-induced anxiety: behavioral reversal through endocannabinoid augmentation
- Effects of CBD on regional cerebral blood flow
- The anxiolytic-like effects of cannabidiol injected into the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis are mediated by 5-HT1A receptors
- The anxiolytic effect of CBD on chronically stressed mice depends on hippocampal neurogenesis: involvement of the endocannabinoid system
- Plant-based medicines for anxiety disorders, part 2
- A systematic review of plant-derived natural compounds for anxiety disorders
- The Endocannabinoid System and Anxiety
- CBD regulation of emotion and emotional memory processing: relevance for treating anxiety-related and substance abuse disorders
- Effect of prior foot shock stress and Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiolic acid, and cannabidiol on anxiety-like responding in the light-dark emergence test in rats
- Effectiveness of Cannabidiol Oil for Pediatric Anxiety and Insomnia as Part of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: A Case Report.
- CBD Does Not Dampen Responses to Emotional Stimuli in Healthy Adults
- Plasma and brain pharmacokinetic profile of CBD, CBDV, THCV and CBG in rats and mice following oral and intraperitoneal administration and CBD action on obsessive-compulsive behavior
- Cannabinoid-related agents in the treatment of anxiety disorders: current knowledge and future perspectives
- Current status and prospects for cannabidiol preparations as new therapeutic agents
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.