Addiction & Alcoholism
Dr. Dustin Sulak on a neglected treatment option for opioid addiction: medical marijuana.
Cannabis doesn’t make a person into an addict any more than food causes someone to become a compulsive eater.
Scientists are investigating the critical role of the endocannabinoid system in alcohol addiction and various mood disorders.
CBD may reduce cigarette consumption in tobacco smokers.
Science abstracts on CBD and Addiction & Alcoholism
- CBD as an Intervention for Addictive Behaviors
- CBD reduces cigarette consumption in tobacco smokers
- Inhibition of monoacylglycerol lipase enzyme reduces nicotine withdrawal
- CBD inhibits the reward-facilitating effect of morphine
- Cannabidiol, a nonpsychotropic component of cannabis, inhibits cue-induced heroin seeking and normalizes discrete mesolimbic neuronal disturbances
- Differential effect of cannabinol and cannabidiol on THC-induced responses during abstinence in morphine-dependent rats
- Impact of Cannabis Use during Stabilization on Methadone Maintenance Treatment
- Medical cannabis laws and opioid analgesic overdose mortality in the United States, 1999-2010
- Dysregulation of cannabinoid CB1 receptor and associated signaling networks in brains of cocaine addicts and cocaine-treated rodents
- Comparison of CBD, antioxidants, and diuretics in reversing binge ethanol-induced neurotoxicity
- Transdermal delivery of CBD attenuates binge alcohol-induced neurodegeneration in a rodent model of an alcohol use disorder
- CBD for the treatment of cannabis withdrawal syndrome
- Cannabis use disorders are comparatively prevalent among nonwhite racial/ethnic groups and adolescents
- CBD Counteracts Amphetamine-Induced Neuronal and Behavioral Sensitization of the Mesolimbic Dopamine Pathway
- CBD regulation of emotion and emotional memory processing: relevance for treating anxiety-related and substance abuse disorders
- Early phase in the development of CBD as a treatment for addiction: Opioid relapse takes initial center stage
- Epigenetic mechanisms associated with addiction-related behavioural effects of nicotine and/or cocaine: implication of the endocannabinoid system
- Effects of Cannabidiol on Morphine Conditioned Place Preference in Mice
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.
THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CBD
By the Editors of Reader’s Digest & Project CBD: Everything You Need to Know About What It Helps, Where to Buy It, and How to Take It.