Addiction & Alcoholism
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) leads to numerous problems, including alcoholism and suicide.
There is a small but growing body of evidence that suggests CBD can aid in addiction recovery due to its effects on memory.
A patient testimonial from a 72-year-old Oregon resident who has been weaning herself off opioids with the help of CBD-rich cannabis.
Why are the FDA and DEA trying to block people's access to kratom by making it a Schedule 1 drug?
Dr. Dustin Sulak on a neglected treatment option for opioid addiction: medical marijuana.
Cannabis doesn’t make a person into an addict any more than food causes someone to become a compulsive eater.
Science abstracts on CBD and Addiction & Alcoholism
- CBD as an Intervention for Addictive Behaviors
- CBD reduces cigarette consumption in tobacco smokers
- Inhibition of monoacylglycerol lipase enzyme reduces nicotine withdrawal
- CBD inhibits the reward-facilitating effect of morphine
- Cannabidiol, a nonpsychotropic component of cannabis, inhibits cue-induced heroin seeking and normalizes discrete mesolimbic neuronal disturbances
- Differential effect of cannabinol and cannabidiol on THC-induced responses during abstinence in morphine-dependent rats
- Impact of Cannabis Use during Stabilization on Methadone Maintenance Treatment
- Medical cannabis laws and opioid analgesic overdose mortality in the United States, 1999-2010
- Dysregulation of cannabinoid CB1 receptor and associated signaling networks in brains of cocaine addicts and cocaine-treated rodents
- Comparison of CBD, antioxidants, and diuretics in reversing binge ethanol-induced neurotoxicity
- Transdermal delivery of CBD attenuates binge alcohol-induced neurodegeneration in a rodent model of an alcohol use disorder
- CBD for the treatment of cannabis withdrawal syndrome
- Cannabis use disorders are comparatively prevalent among nonwhite racial/ethnic groups and adolescents
- CBD Counteracts Amphetamine-Induced Neuronal and Behavioral Sensitization of the Mesolimbic Dopamine Pathway
- CBD regulation of emotion and emotional memory processing: relevance for treating anxiety-related and substance abuse disorders
- Early phase in the development of CBD as a treatment for addiction: Opioid relapse takes initial center stage
- Epigenetic mechanisms associated with addiction-related behavioural effects of nicotine and/or cocaine: implication of the endocannabinoid system
- Effects of Cannabidiol on Morphine Conditioned Place Preference in Mice
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.
THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CBD
By the Editors of Reader’s Digest & Project CBD: Everything You Need to Know About What It Helps, Where to Buy It, and How to Take It.