Addiction & Alcoholism
Articles in Addiction & Alcoholism
A review published by Australian researchers sheds light on various facets of addiction, as well as some of the neurological mechanisms by which CBD can limit addictive behaviors.
The data didn’t support the notion that teens using cannabis causes any changes in the developing brain.
An unfortunate slogan of the cannabis legalization movement has been “Regulate cannabis like alcohol.”
Researchers highlight how criminalizing the use of any drug worsens the lives of both casual users and addicts.
Two scientists demonstrate that CBD can reduce the likelihood of methamphetamine relapse.
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) leads to numerous problems, including alcoholism and suicide.
There is a small but growing body of evidence that suggests CBD can aid in addiction recovery due to its effects on memory.
A patient testimonial from a 72-year-old Oregon resident who has been weaning herself off opioids with the help of CBD-rich cannabis.
Why are the FDA and DEA trying to block people's access to kratom by making it a Schedule 1 drug?
Dr. Dustin Sulak on a neglected treatment option for opioid addiction: medical marijuana.
Science abstracts on CBD and Addiction & Alcoholism
- CBD as an Intervention for Addictive Behaviors
- CBD reduces cigarette consumption in tobacco smokers
- Inhibition of monoacylglycerol lipase enzyme reduces nicotine withdrawal
- CBD inhibits the reward-facilitating effect of morphine
- Cannabidiol, a nonpsychotropic component of cannabis, inhibits cue-induced heroin seeking and normalizes discrete mesolimbic neuronal disturbances
- Differential effect of cannabinol and cannabidiol on THC-induced responses during abstinence in morphine-dependent rats
- Impact of Cannabis Use during Stabilization on Methadone Maintenance Treatment
- Medical cannabis laws and opioid analgesic overdose mortality in the United States, 1999-2010
- Dysregulation of cannabinoid CB1 receptor and associated signaling networks in brains of cocaine addicts and cocaine-treated rodents
- Comparison of CBD, antioxidants, and diuretics in reversing binge ethanol-induced neurotoxicity
- Transdermal delivery of CBD attenuates binge alcohol-induced neurodegeneration in a rodent model of an alcohol use disorder
- CBD for the treatment of cannabis withdrawal syndrome
- Cannabis use disorders are comparatively prevalent among nonwhite racial/ethnic groups and adolescents
- CBD Counteracts Amphetamine-Induced Neuronal and Behavioral Sensitization of the Mesolimbic Dopamine Pathway
- CBD regulation of emotion and emotional memory processing: relevance for treating anxiety-related and substance abuse disorders
- Early phase in the development of CBD as a treatment for addiction: Opioid relapse takes initial center stage
- Epigenetic mechanisms associated with addiction-related behavioural effects of nicotine and/or cocaine: implication of the endocannabinoid system
- Effects of Cannabidiol on Morphine Conditioned Place Preference in Mice
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.