Addiction & Alcoholism
Scientists examined how savoring positive experiences predicts aspects of problematic cannabis use, but the numbers don't add up.
Project CBD releases the results of one of the most extensive CBD user surveys to date.
New discoveries reported at ICRS symposium highlight CBD's potential for treating anxiety, cancer, heart disease, substance abuse, brain injuries, and more.
In early 2019 Project CBD began collecting responses to a survey designed to figure out who is using CBD, how and why, what kinds of products they are consuming, and whether or not CBD is working for them.
Caryophyllene (BCP) and its derivative caryophyllene oxide (BCPO) are particularly significant terpenoids found in many green leafy vegetables.
Personally threatening children is not the best way to make kids fear cannabis.
Researchers have modulated cannabinoid CB1 receptors in addiction treatment in order to affect cravings.
Much research demonstrates that cannabis promotes the safety and efficacy of opioids.
Many drugs have been proposed as treatment for cannabis addiction, from pure THC or CBD-rich cannabis, to Ambien.
If THC makes people forgetful while they're high, one might expect that blocking the CB1 receptor will promote focus and the ability to learn. It doesn't.
Science abstracts on CBD and Addiction & Alcoholism
- CBD as an Intervention for Addictive Behaviors
- CBD reduces cigarette consumption in tobacco smokers
- Inhibition of monoacylglycerol lipase enzyme reduces nicotine withdrawal
- CBD inhibits the reward-facilitating effect of morphine
- Cannabidiol, a nonpsychotropic component of cannabis, inhibits cue-induced heroin seeking and normalizes discrete mesolimbic neuronal disturbances
- Differential effect of cannabinol and cannabidiol on THC-induced responses during abstinence in morphine-dependent rats
- Impact of Cannabis Use during Stabilization on Methadone Maintenance Treatment
- Medical cannabis laws and opioid analgesic overdose mortality in the United States, 1999-2010
- Dysregulation of cannabinoid CB1 receptor and associated signaling networks in brains of cocaine addicts and cocaine-treated rodents
- Comparison of CBD, antioxidants, and diuretics in reversing binge ethanol-induced neurotoxicity
- Transdermal delivery of CBD attenuates binge alcohol-induced neurodegeneration in a rodent model of an alcohol use disorder
- CBD for the treatment of cannabis withdrawal syndrome
- Cannabis use disorders are comparatively prevalent among nonwhite racial/ethnic groups and adolescents
- CBD Counteracts Amphetamine-Induced Neuronal and Behavioral Sensitization of the Mesolimbic Dopamine Pathway
- CBD regulation of emotion and emotional memory processing: relevance for treating anxiety-related and substance abuse disorders
- Early phase in the development of CBD as a treatment for addiction: Opioid relapse takes initial center stage
- Epigenetic mechanisms associated with addiction-related behavioural effects of nicotine and/or cocaine: implication of the endocannabinoid system
- Effects of Cannabidiol on Morphine Conditioned Place Preference in Mice
These links are from third-party sites and are provided as a courtesy to the reader.
THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CBD
By the Editors of Reader’s Digest & Project CBD: Everything You Need to Know About What It Helps, Where to Buy It, and How to Take It.