Seminar & Workshop Topics
Contact Project CBD about scheduling a lecture, seminar and/or workshop on topics like:
- CBD: Game-Changer for Medical Marijuana: An exploration of the science and politics of CBD, the noneuphoric cannabis component that has changed the national discussion about medical marijuana and industrial hemp in the United States.
- CBD Master Class for Bud-Tenders and Patient Counsellors: A workshop on cannabis therapeutics for dispensary staff, focusing on how best to guide and assist patients and caregivers regarding cannabis and CBD-rich options and products.
- Beyond CBD: Cannabis Therapeutics and Holistic Healing: An examination of how numerous holistic healing modalities, including diet, exercise, sleep and stress reduction techniques, are mediated by the endocannabinoid system.
- Medical Marijuana for Seniors: Seniors, the fastest growing demographic among medical marijuana patients, are discovering that cannabis is helpful for treating degenerative, age-related conditions—Alzheimer’s, chronic pain, heart disease, diabetes, sleep disorders, stroke, and more. Scientific research validates anecdotal reports that cannabis can do wonders for the aging brain.
- The Spirit of Cannabis: A mythopoetic and scientific inquiry into the healing properties of cannabis and the principles of cannabis therapeutics.
- Cannabis and Epilepsy: Marijuana has a rich history as a medicine for quelling seizures and convulsions going back hundreds of years. In the mid-19th century, the U.S. Pharmacopeia listed cannabis as a treatment for pediatric epilepsy, and subsequent scientific studies have documented the anticonvulsant effects of CBD, THC, and whole plant cannabis.
- Smoke Signals: A Cannabis History Primer—From Prohibition to Legalization: A discussion of why the U.S. government banned “the evil weed” during the Great Depression and how a decades-old grassroots countercultural movement for marijuana legalization evolved into today’s widespread populist revolt against conventional medicine and extra-constitutional authority.